N, My Peanut, on this day:
1. I love that when you go to bed at night, you ask me how many kisses I want, and then always add a bonus.
2. I love that you don’t see the world as divided into things for boys and things for girls. I love that your favorite color is pink, you paint your nails, and name girls as your best friends at school.
3. I love that you have brought your civil rights knowledge home from school and hold spontaneous protests around the living room. “No ride buses! No ride buses!”
4. I love that you are figuring out spelling, and that you’re enjoying spelling, and going on spelling parades with yourself.
5. I love that when you wondered what you might be when you grow up, your first thought was, “A daddy.”
6. I love that you call Shredded Spoonfuls, Spreaded Foonshuls.
7. I love that you have balanced your spirit of want with a spirit of gratitude. When you thanked me for your new raincoat and pajamas today, you took my breath away.
8. I love the joy you take in the unusual. “We weren’t expecting that to happen!”
9. I love that you share with your brother – your time, your things, your parents, your laughter.
10. I love that you are doing your best to self-monitor your need to call everything poo-poo. I’ll love it more when you stop doing it, but I love hearing you say, “Oops, erase!” and try again when you do.